Sunday, December 04, 2005

Ever Changing Blog Roll

We’ve updated the blog roll of sites we frequent. As you have figured out by now we do this on a fairly regular basis. You may want to bookmark some of your favorites, as we can’t guarantee they will be there the next time you log back onto our site. I did drop one blog recently for a purely personal reason. I guess I am more thin skinned than I thought because it bothered me more than it probably should have. A recent post on this particular blog took a pretty ugly shot at some people and towns in an area of the country I call home. It seems the author of the post will be accompanying her husband to a company Christmas party made up primarily of non-salaried “plant” people in what she considers a remote, backward part of the country. To say the least, she wasn’t too keen on having to fly out and rub shoulders with them. It is sad that what may have been written tongue in cheek came across as more of a biting putdown of some folks who deserve an equal amount of respect as any of us would hope to give and receive from one another. Anyway, I wish them a nice trip and while it may not be the Christmas party they would have hosted or had hoped to attend, may they discover that people everywhere in this country can share a common sense of kindness and respect for those who may talk a little different, not have as much money or hold a higher title within a company.

1 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 03:29:00 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I know what you mean. I have many blogs in my list of favorites but just have to drop them when they get political or play with my emotions. Recently, a favorite blogger posted about the death of a close family member and her pain really touched my heart and made me cry. I wanted to comment or email her but then I realized that the death wasn't recent. It was just published to share the emotion of the event. UGH! I don't read China adoption blogs for THAT!

Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home