Thursday, December 29, 2005

Salty Is A Southpaw - I Think?

You may have noticed we haven’t posted in a few days. Alyson even commented on the lack of our posting last night as she was walking away from the laptop and preparing for bed. She thinks it may have something to do with my having the “creeping crud” complete with a sore throat, total congestion and a head that will not fit inside a vehicle preventing me from driving. She may be right. I have spent about 40 of the last 48 hours in bed alternating between “hallucinating” that I’m starting to come out of it only to make shuffling noises as I slink back to the bedroom after returning from letting Salty Dog do the hike the leg thing. BTW, I have a question about Salty Dog. I have noticed that Salty Dog always lifts the same leg when watering the plants and hosing down our tires. He always lifts his left leg. I have never seen him lift his right leg it is always the left. So, does that make him a southpaw or his he a right legger? He always supports himself with the right leg but the left is the one always saluting. I’ve decided he’s a southpaw. Alyson is a lefty as is her dad. I’ve detected similar personality traits between the three of them. My FIL, Alyson & Salty Dog is each fiercely loyal to family and each is fiercely independent. I’ll leave it at that. Comparing my FIL and my wife to our dog has already crossed some invisible line that is sure to come back and “bite” me. Excuse me for that – remember, I’m sick… We are still in the downtime mode of waiting for confirmation from our agency (CCAI) that all is well with our dossier and that we are DTC. Surprising, Aly and I haven’t said much about any of that. I think it’s because we don’t want to jinx ourselves in any way. By not talking about the dossier review we’re not forgetting about what is transpiring in Denver but then again we do not allow it to consume us either. Who am I kidding? We think about it all the time but stay quiet just to give each of us a break from babbling about like idiots… I’m convinced that once Alyson reads this tonight she will have me take it off. It’s the fever. There’s a good reason why we haven’t posted. The above is proof enough. PS: I’ll try to grab a shot of Salty Dog doing the “left leg” thing and post it for you soon. Oh, that’s going to make Aly happy. I think I need to lie down again. Later…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home