Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Name That Movie Revealed

Monty Python's Life of Brian Stan (Eric Idle): "I want to be one." Wise Man #1 (John Cleese): What? Stan: I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me "Loretta." Wise Man #1: Whaaaaat? Stan: It's my right as a man. Judith (Sue Jones-Davies): Well, why do you want to be "Loretta," Stan? Stan: I want to have babies. Wise Man #1: You want to have BABIES? Stan: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them. Wise Man #1: But... you can't HAVE babies! Stan: Don't you oppress me! Wise Man #1: I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb. Where is the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box? Judith: Here, I've got an idea. Supposed you agree that you can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans, but you can have the RIGHT to have babies! Wise Man #3 (Michael Palin): Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your RIGHT to have babies. Brother, Sister. Wise Man #1: What's the point? What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies, when HE CAN'T HAVE BABIES??? Wise Man #3: It's symbolic of our struggle against oppression! Wise Man #1: It's symbolic of his struggle against reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home