Thursday, May 25, 2006

Another Dessert! Italian Cake is great for Summertime!

Italian Love Cake I do not know how this cake received such a title but it does have ricotta cheese in it and it is a decadent, heavy, sweet cake. This is great to serve at informal dinner parties and family gatherings as a small piece goes a long way! I received this recipe from a friend a year ago and it has quickly become a favorite; most everyone asks for the recipe once they have tasted it. It is easy to make too!! I can send you the electronic file if would rather not cut/paste from the blog. The Recipe: 1 Box Fudge Marble cake mix (need the ingredients on box to make this cake) In addition: 2 lbs. ricotta cheese ¾ Cup sugar 4 Eggs 1 tsp. vanilla 1 Box (3 ¾ oz.) instant chocolate pudding 1 Cup milk 1 Carton (8 oz.) whipped topping (Cool Whip) Mix cake as directed on box (using ingredients required: additional eggs, oil and water). Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan. In separate bowl, combine ricotta, sugar, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Spoon over top of unbaked cake. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (do not over bake). Cool. Mix pudding with milk; fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Refrigerate. Delicious! Serve with love...

3 Comments:

At 5/25/2006 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Wow! This recipe looks fabulous! I have a pot-luck next week at work, so I think I'm going to try this!! Yum!!!!!!


~Dawn

 
At 5/26/2006 07:45:00 PM, Blogger Alyson and Ford said...

Let us know how it turned out for you! It's a keeper recipe.

 
At 5/26/2006 10:31:00 PM, Blogger Georgia said...

Sounds good!! Lots of stuff I like in there. Maybe when I master this cooking thing, I'll give baking a whirl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home