Saturday, January 07, 2006

From Guest Room to Alyzabeth An's Room

Currently, this is the third guest bedroom. (Thinking about it, I should have gotten permission for these pictures from significant other, ignore the clutter, however, it’s usually worse!) Over the course of the year we will transform this room into Alyzabeth An’s room. Think we have a few changes to make? Rumors are flying again with regard to how long the wait from LID to Referral is taking. Everyone had pretty much settled in with the timeframe extending from 6-7 months to 8-9 months. Now, some are reporting 12-13 months. I’ve checked our agency site (CCAI) and the latest referrals are still running @ 8 months. When they contact us with our DTC date I will ask them about the “wait” and let you know what they have to say. We went to our first meeting of the First Coast Families with Chinese Children Thursday night. We saw some familiar blogger faces. Hi Kim, wish we’d had a chance to get acquainted (Long meeting without a break, ugh). Next time for sure. I thought about bringing a camera and taking some pictures. Something to ask about at the next meeting. I think you all would enjoy seeing the faces of the little ones that were there, we sure did.
Go Jaguars!

4 Comments:

At 1/07/2006 01:20:00 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

This is a beautiful room. I don't think I've ever seen it and I have been to your house several times. Your home is lovely. I can see this room as a happy place for your new addidtion. I had no idea the adoption process took so long. I have enjoyed learning more about it by visiting your links. Hang in there. Our prayers are with you.
Marsha

 
At 1/07/2006 04:23:00 PM, Blogger Tom, Wendy, and Andrew said...

Hi ya!!
We are sorry we missed the FCC meeting this month. I hear it was a GREAT one!!!! We are going to be there next month for sure. Would love to meet you guys!!!
Let's pray that the wait time will get shorter for us. I heard that they have increased, yet again. UGH. We are keeping faith that it will be 8 months.

 
At 1/08/2006 01:39:00 AM, Blogger Eliza2006 said...

This room will make such a great baby room!

Tiffany

 
At 1/08/2006 02:20:00 PM, Blogger Lisa~~ said...

The room is wonderful now, but it will be even better as Alyzabeth's room. I have been working on Baby S's room for months and while it is fun it's also frustrating, not knowing how long our wait will be. In time though, both your family and ours will have beautiful baby rooms holding our wonderful daughters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home