Sunday, February 19, 2006

Weekend Blues #3

This will be the last of my blues series.... I am actually very cheerful so the unsettling news is providing me more fodder to contemplate about; If I should help or how I can help with family issues far away. Let me say that this will be brief as to air other family member's news on our blog is not our forte. Talking about ourselves is great fun but am not so sure other's want to see their name in print (they can start their own blog!). Our immediate family is all fine. DH visiting with his folks, son & Kelly and baby Kilee are all well; daughter and SIL are out of town visiting family and celebrating SIL's birthday, I am fine - yes, I got my Starbucks and went shopping with a friend who is the sweetest person but I may have to hold it against her that I bought way too much while shopping with her. I buy alot less when I shop alone! So we are doing fine amongst the usual worldly concerns. Here in Florida, I have a retired cousin and a "cousin-in-law". The CIL recently has had two surgeries and is recovering at their home. She has a long rehab schedule ahead of her and I know with her spirit of determination (and helpful cousin, her sister-in-law, coaching her) she will recover. My cousin is waiting to schedule her needed surgery in the next month or two, so that is up next. My family in Maine has some issues. My Mom has been sick with a major cold/sinus infections/breathing difficulties for about two weeks. She did go to the doctor and has some meds that are allowing her to get better. Hopefully she will be well soon. My M&D are due to drive here for their spring vacation next month. I have two sisters, my "baby" sister has had some health issues for a while now and to hopefully conclude this, she has surgery scheduled in about two weeks. We pray that all goes well and her recovery is speedy. Her son is entering adulthood, with first car (a very old, used Pathfinder) and we know he will stay out of trouble (even his license plate has "NP" on it - we figure it means "No problems"). My older sister has a daughter who is struggling with work, personal decisions and college. Things are a little up in the air but she and her boyfriend have a plan and he has been recently accepted to re-enter college too. They are young and will figure it all out! I wish them success. The same sister's son has struggles relating to college. What is it with kids these days?? (oops, I think my parents said the same thing about us!!). We hope his plan will be to finish college and move forward. He is a hard worker so we know he will suceed! Maybe all this doesn't sound so bad in the big picture of world events but you know how family troubles are very big and real and I am many miles away from helping. A phone call is about all I can do and pray for all of them. We love them all and wish we could give them a hug!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home