Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday Morning Blues!! #1

I LOVE Saturday mornings! If all is quiet at work, our Saturday mornings at home are very lazy and enjoyable. We are usually up by 6:00 a.m. (Ford and Salty Dog sometimes get itchy feet and are up sooner to take the required stroll to get the newspaper), have coffee, read the newspaper and I start my very detailed "to do list" for the weekend. Now, this is not a last minute list. I keep a running list for weeks that has the "big picture". We have many items now on the BP list that involve getting ready for Lizzy (Ford says he will only call her Alyzabeth), sewing projects, non-critical errands, appointments besides the usual ironing, laundry, groceries and correspondence. The detailed list is "what shall we accomplish on Saturday & Sunday". I usually have twice as many things on the list that we could possibly get done, so left over items get put back on the BP list. So why is this morning so blue? My DH is out of town visiting with his folks (along with son, Justin and grand-baby Kilee) so I am here alone drinking coffee with Salty Dog. I didn't go on this visit as work has preocccupied me this weekend, mostly mentally; even though we normally have off President's Day on Monday but will go into work for the day. I need to find a new way to relieve stress and stay physically fit!! So I am surfing the web, printing daughter's baby registry lists for shopping later (the second grand-baby is on the way), checking the measurements for a project that needs to be price-guesstimated at Home Depot and hopefully have some fun - maybe I will treat myself to a Starbucks! Love you Ford!! Miss you!

3 Comments:

At 2/18/2006 07:41:00 AM, Blogger Tom, Wendy, and Andrew said...

Oh, how I know what it is like not to have dh home. Tom is working this weekend as well, but will at lease be home every evening. It does get lonely without them here, huh? Starbucks is a good stress reliever, and you couldn't ask for a better companion then your fur baby, Salty dog, Ford isn't there :o)
Take Care.

 
At 2/18/2006 04:45:00 PM, Blogger Alyson and Ford said...

Thank you sis.... you take care of yourself and your "baby" boy too!!

 
At 2/19/2006 08:20:00 AM, Blogger rubyiscoming said...

I totally know what you mean when the DH is away....sometimes nice and quiet, but usually just LONELY! have a hot cup of tea, curl up with a good book and know that he'll be back in no time flat! BTW, loved the poem post, too, made me get choked up!

love,
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home