Thursday, February 02, 2006

Gwen Blog Update

I'm sure Karen (Gwen Blog) wouldn't mind my sharing her great news... THE TRIAL: Got the call much sooner than I anticipated. But I've been accepted into the trial! YES!! This is fantastic news because the primary drug in the chemo cocktail isn't included in our insurance policy's formulary list. Which of course means we'd never be able to afford this form of treatment without the trial. All of my meds, my scans, my bloodwork, my everything is now 100% covered and free. Many prayers answered for sure...I begin my treatments on Friday, March 10th. My Mom has offered to come up and keep Gwen on days that I have chemo. What a relief...I still think it will be hard on Gwen but at least she will be here, in her own environment, and maybe that will help ease the transition. God I hope so. I'm such a worrier. Karen: Our prayers continue for you and your family. This is fantastic news!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home