Friday, March 24, 2006

Earrings - The New Addiction

I have never been known to be like most ladies. Yes, I love to cook, I love my DH, love children and most of all, my Mom's apple pie. So why am I so different? I do not buy shoes unless absolutely necessary (I hate wearing them!!), I do not rearrange furniture unless it is to temporarily move it to clean and I don't call up girlfriends to chat about whatever friends are supposed to chat about. I always knew I was not the "norm". So to have to admit that in the past year I have really liked buying earrings AND wearing them is big news - to myself. My best effort at wearing earrings was to make sure my DH bought me the very smallest kind - you know the ones you can wear to bed and never have to worry about the post jabbing your skull? And to admit that I never swapped them out unless I lost one or I felt really guilty after wearing them several months and knew I better clean them or I may lose an ear to gangrene! So here's the new addiction. Last year for my birthday, I spotted some "dangly" earrings while we were antiquing with my M&D around Mt. Dora. I talked my DH into buying me three pairs for my birthday. All silver with gems, all reasonably priced - I didn't really care if they were true antiques, I just liked them. I am a new person! I actually change out my earrings daily and look in every store we go to for inexpensive, cute, earrings. Lately I have been on a kick to buy items from individuals rather than large stores, plus homemade by craftspeople - even better. I even stumbled onto a fellow "soon to be Mom by way of adoption" Shannon and found her store on Esty. She makes them at home, trying to raise money to go towards the adoption. I hope you will check her out. Just like I enjoy buying from my SIL's (Discovery Toys) various ventures and BIL(mainegoodies.com), plus supporting our SIL (son-in-law) at Aerial Tribe. My reasoning is quite simple, I rather put my money in their hands, knowing I am helping them with their goals. A very long story just to see the pictures of the new earrings..... I bought three pairs of glass beaded earrings plus received one free pair (blue) came in the deal too!! Go to Bellatini. Also, check out her blog at: Bless Your Heart. How cute & how inexpensive! Wait until you see the homemade purse I bought from another crafty adopting mom......

2 Comments:

At 3/25/2006 11:50:00 AM, Blogger Nina said...

Cute earrings! I'm definitely checking out your friend's site. (I have the opposite problem; I've never met a piece of jewelery I didn't like!)

 
At 4/05/2006 02:16:00 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Thank you for the fabulous endorsement! I'm so glad you like them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home