Saturday, April 15, 2006

Being Thankful - Everyday

Being thankful. For so much... While we wait, I have many things to be thankful for: My Mom & Dad are here for a visit and they already are pitching in to help around the house. None of this "I’m a guest” from them!! We are facilitating a great Crown Financial small group Bible study class at Asbury UMC. Everyone is so friendly and beyond nice! A very welcoming church! We have great jobs and are looking forward to DH’s retirement and his SAHD responsibilities beginning. With rumors of a 10-month wait from LID, I guess I can get more things done around the house and we are planning a few quick trips to see family this summer and fall. It is springtime here in Florida and the weather has been great if very dry. More about Mom and Dad; they brought so many gifts and household items for us PLUS lots of toys for Lizzy and I mean TOYS!! Also, My Dad made me a wooden plant stand exactly like his mother’s (my Grandmother). What a great birthday present!! We were hit (broadsided) four weeks ago and no one was hurt. Their insurance company fixed our car so we were very happy about that. We can drive it a few more years and was very glad they did not “total” it. Our son J & K and granddaughter Kilee are all well and prospering. K graduates this May so another significant milestone in their life’s journey moves forward. K, we are so proud of you. Our daughter & SIL are expecting their first child within the next week. Our second granddaughter!! We can’t wait for Alivia Kate to be born. We are going on a vacation to England with a favorite cousin. We can’t wait!! What a treat and mostly because of Sister-IL Tiffany who provided a special rate on the airline tickets. What a unbelievable trip to be making as a last big fling until we get Lizzy. DH still loves me with all my quirks that have been old habits plus all the newly acquired ones. Does one always go crazy with the ups and downs of the adoption process? He’s a very patient man! We are VERY thankful for being blessed with our good health and with more than we need in possessions. We need to share more with others who lack food, shelter and clothes. Remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said: “It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20:35

So often DH & I find ourselves caught up in the moment. We push hard to make sense of things that quite frankly we often times can't make sense of.

What we have learned to do is remember that the Lord also said: "My way are not your ways, My thoughts are not your thoughts." In other words we may never understand the "why" of something but there is always a "lesson" in it for us.

Love to our families! Happy Easter! Happy Birthday to sister, T. Happy Birthday to me!!!

2 Comments:

At 4/16/2006 08:02:00 AM, Blogger rubyiscoming said...

A beautiful message - yes, you have many blessings! I'm pleased to be in the "waiting phase" with such fine people. Happy Easter to you both and look forward to seeing you at the next FCC gathering.

Love,
Kim

 
At 4/17/2006 10:28:00 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

Happy Easter, a day late, to you guys. I haven't had time to visit lately or blog but maybe things are slowing down here a little. (that could all change with one contraction though)
Hello to your Mom and Dad. And Happy Birthday!
Love,
Marsha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home