Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Name That Movie Revealed

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest If you haven't seen this film in a while you owe it to yourself to open a nice bottle of wine, put plenty of snacks out and sit back to absorb one of the all-time great movies starring Jack Nicholson. Check out some of the cast names and you know why this movie entertained so many of us: Jack Nicholson Louise Fletcher Scatman Crothers Danny DeVito Christopher Lloyd Vincent Schiavelli So many movie lines to choose from... *McMurphy: Which one of you nuts has got any guts? *McMurphy: That's right, Mr. Martini. There is an Easter Bunny. *McMurphy: I'm a gd marvel of modern science. *Nurse Ratched: Aren't you ashamed? Billy: No, I'm not. [Applause from friends] Nurse Ratched: You know Billy, what worries me is how your mother is going to take this. Billy: Um, um, well, y-y-y-you d-d-d-don't have to t-t-t-tell her, Miss Ratched. Nurse Ratched: I don't have to tell her? Your mother and I are old friends. You know that. Billy: P-p-p-please d-d-don't tell my m-m-m-mother. *McMurphy: [about shock treatments] They was giving me ten thousand watts a day, you know, and I'm hot to trot! The next woman takes me on's gonna light up like a pinball machine and pay off in silver dollars! (CLASSIC) *[The inmates are playing cards and betting with cigarettes] Martini: [rips a cigarette in half] I bet a nickel. McMurphy: Dime's the limit, Martini. Martini: I bet a dime. [Puts the two halves onto the table] McMurphy: This is not a dime, Martini. This is a dime. [shows a whole cigarette] McMurphy: If you break it in half, you don't get two nickels, you get s***. Try and smoke it. You understand? Martini: Yes. McMurphy: You don't understand. *Nurse Ratched: If Mr. McMurphy doesn't want to take his medication orally, I'm sure we can arrange that he can have it some other way. *Chief Bromden: Mmmmmm, Juicy Fruit. (I loved this simple line) *McMurphy: Get out of my way son, you're usin' my oxygen. ***[Last lines] Chief Bromden: Mac... they said you escaped. I knew you wouldn't leave without me. I was waiting for you. Now we can make it, Mac; I feel big as a damn mountain. [he suddenly sees the lobotomy scars] Chief Bromden: Oh, no... Chief Bromden: [embracing McMurphy] I'm not goin' without you, Mac. I wouldn't leave you this way. ... You're coming with me. Chief Bromden: [laying him down] Let's go.

1 Comments:

At 4/18/2006 07:10:00 AM, Blogger glo said...

I saw it, it was a great movie. Hmmm I think it was quite a long time ago though. I think maybe I need to take your suggestion and watch it again!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home