Friday, June 02, 2006

New Picnic Table - Custom Built by Dad

I am still catching up telling you all about my Mom and Dad's "visit" with us in April and May. I keep finding things that they did while we were on our vacation. They must have worked constantly! My Dad made a picnic table for us ("custom"). Let me explain. We purchased the wood for two picnic tables about 8 months ago. We hardly ever work on projects when we think we will have time, partly from truly being busy, partly because other priorities get in the way of these "nice" projects and a huge part of procrastination. So there's the wood stacked and ready in our yard, with the project plans. My Dad takes one look at the plans and start talking about a better way to build the legs and where to support the table top so there are less angle cuts.... of course he lost us after the first comment. So, when we get back from vacation, one is built and the other is cut out ready to be assembled (he had to leave something for us to do). If anyone needs anything fixed or built, just call on my Dad in Maine. Another huge thank you to my Dad who can do anything!

1 Comments:

At 6/03/2006 08:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so nice! We had a picnic table just like that in our backyard growing up, and we got a lot of use out if it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home