Wednesday, August 30, 2006

No New Grand-Baby Pictures to Show-Off......

While we are waiting for the next Grand-Baby pictures, I am breaking down and showing off my "babies". Yes, Salty Dog thinks he is an only child. He does recognize the other children (all five of them) if only to scoff down their food when they aren't looking. Here is my oldest. She is not much of a looker, she is multi-colored and can't even claim to be a far-fetched relative of a Maine Coon Cat. She's a..... whatever. She came to me (yes, she picked me!) by way of a huge rain storm where I work. She, at the ripe old age of about 6 weeks, hurried under my car as I parked it at work one morning in May 1988. She is a sweetheart and has rescued our lawn from many small critters. She is very proud and loves to snuggle. Her arthritis does bother her and she tends to be cranky (she bit DH right after I took these pictures!). These pictures do not tell the story of the evening; she was moving about (fairly quick for her) as Salty Dog was circling the photo shoot. Salty gets very jealous of the attention his sisters get from me. Love her or not, she is my baby. Her name is "CB" which stands for "Coon Bait". That's another long story...... CB will be 18.5 years old on October 1st. Hope you see her beauty too.

4 Comments:

At 8/30/2006 09:37:00 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

That cat looks JUST LIKE my mom's cat, Grizelda. Wow!

Zelly is also 18 years old! She's driving my mother crazy these days because she's become a very finicky eater and consequently she's lost a lot of weight. She's also really chatty and never gives a moment's peace.

 
At 8/30/2006 09:56:00 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Wow...what a Neat tortie! Hmmm...gonna have to hear that 'coon bait' story!

 
At 8/30/2006 10:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a cat that could be her sister.

 
At 9/04/2006 08:05:00 PM, Blogger New Fool said...

My grandma has a cat that constantly attacks her and seriously injures her, and she loves it and would never part with it. I'm not so sure the feelings are mutual.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home