Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Book Reading - The Heritage

I finished reading the book "The Heritage" by Frances Parkinson Keyes (1968). I found this book in my Grandmother's house attic during a recent trip to Maine and it seemed interesting. This author has written many books (over 40). This one peaked my interest as the book jacket review stated it was about a young Irish-American who is heir apparent to an estate in Ireland, romantic and suspenseful, set in a turbulent land around the 1880's. From my Dad's genealogy research, we have alot of Irish in us. The book jacket also had a print of a young couple looking over a pond with swans. Now if you have read our posts about "our" swans you'll know why I decided to pick up this book. It isn't a Jane Austen book but has some of the same social status issues from that era. Not half as good as Pride and Prejudice; just an enjoyable story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home