Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Totally Random Thoughts

Totally Random Thoughts Johnny’s on a “walkabout”. Taking time to recharge and revive is something we all should do for ourselves. Now, if we would only do it. Ruby Is Coming is heading off to vacation in Africa with DH. I’d love to slip off with DW to Murren, Switzerland, a few days in Vernazza, Italy and then fly back from Paris after having spent hours exploring through the Louve. I’m once again making the adjustment to flashing lights alerting me that I’m entering a school zone. SLOW DOWN. Putting your emotional well being into the latest RQ rumor is akin to planning your day based on a horoscope reading. We’re entering into “late” summer. How did this happen? End to a telephone conversation with my son just a few days ago: Son: “Thanks for taking care of the ***** business for K.” Me: “That’s what family does for one another.” Son: “I love you Dad.” Me: “I love you.” This is just a glimpse of what many of you have to look forward to. It doesn’t make the Wait any shorter but I hope it reminds you of why it is so worth it. Is it hotter or do I just think it’s hotter? Reminder to hug my air conditioner. I wonder if our daughter has been born? At the risk of scaring away a faithful reader to the blog from Scott City, I keep hoping you’ll leave a comment. You're like having a visitor from home. Israel will soon have a new government. Teachers are underpaid. Have been and always will be. It’s not right. I know what needs to be done to change that but you’ll no more like my answer today than you did some 30 odd years ago. I miss mom. Large private company and individual political contributions do not buy privilege. And before I forget; Christmas has been changed to late September. NPR, Prairie Home Companion & Austin City Limits. I wish we were in China right now. You can never have too many random thoughts… Peace.

4 Comments:

At 8/16/2006 02:51:00 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

I like your random thoughts!

 
At 8/17/2006 07:46:00 AM, Blogger rubyiscoming said...

Just another post from you guys that reminds me how freakin' cool you are! :)

Will be in touch after Africa!

 
At 8/17/2006 09:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess and I booked our trip to NYC. We will leave on the morning of December 17th and return on the morning of the 20th. We are very excited...remind me of this when I am crying about leaving Livi for the first time. I remember the Louvre and Murren. Good times. Thanks again by the way:)
love,
Leaa

 
At 8/18/2006 04:54:00 AM, Blogger Alyson and Ford said...

Christmas time in the Big Apple. Some folks just know how to live...

Will you be attending the theater?

(you're welcome - you earned it)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home