Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Buying Spree over the Weekend

I have still kept my promise of not buying anything for Lizzy yet: I have no clothes, no shoes, no pajamas, no “onesies”, no coats, no sweaters, absolutely nothing. I decided a while ago to wait until I have Lizzy's picture and statistics (you know - her weight, age, size etc.) before I purchase any clothing. So my energy is going towards working on her bedroom - it still looks like a guest room/library! I continue to gather “things” for Lizzy’s bedroom. I have not made any final decorating decisions. I am only collecting pink and brown items to try in the room until I get a sense of “this is it” revelation. So here are some recent pictures of “items” hanging around the room (Yes, I am still blaming my weekend without Ford and my shopping trip with Pam for my over-run on the budget this month). Thank goodness for Target’s return policy!! New pink items: Table lamp: I plan to use fabric paint and add brown polka dots. Bedding: new queen size hot pink coverlet, shams and sheet set, new brown pillowcases. Need to buy the matching brown sheet set if I decide to keep the pillowcases. New brown baskets for bookshelves: these are made of plastic; thought they would hold up better than real baskets/wicker. I only bought three until I decide if I like them. I will line each one with a pink stripe or floral fabric. Purchased cute pink tub to probably store toys or small items in. Bought two new frames: one hot pink and one “shabby chic” pink floral (matches the two rugs purchased at Target). Bought one framed print of a ladybug. My first lady bug!! If you look at the prior pictures of the bedroom (01/07/06) you will note that I have not given up on keeping the “hunting scene & dogs” lamps on either side of the bed!! I love them. What else do I need besides toys and Lizzy?

1 Comments:

At 2/23/2006 07:38:00 AM, Blogger Tom, Wendy, and Andrew said...

Looking really good there!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home