Sunday, June 04, 2006

Alyzabeth's First Christmas Ornament

While we were having fun in the UK, my Mom explored some local shops while caring for our home and pets. There is one elegant, upscale shop that we have browsed in before. Occasionally a reasonably priced Christmas ornament or decoration was bought there in the past. Now this shop has everything needed to furnish a home in the best of styles (owned by an interior decorator); Christmas decorations are just a small part of her business but has been popular so she stocks it year round. My Mom bought an ornament of a Santa holding a robin. She was told the story that related to how a little bird acquired the red breast, thus becoming a robin. Russian folklore? I guess I will google to see if I can find the story. So this is Lizzy's first ornament and it is beautiful! Thank you Mom! (The picture is a little fuzzy so will replace it with a better one later). You have read a lot about what my Dad does while visiting us. Next will be more "Mom" stories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home