Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Knock Knock, Alberto's here...

And he woke me up... Alberto is making himself known right now. Small debris is tapping our windows, enough to wake me. The wind is "wooshing" (probably not a real word) about and though I can barely see into the dark, I can make out an ugly St. John's river sending set after set of waves towards the docks. Heavy rain bands come and go. And we're on the good coastline side but unfortunately we're on the east side of the storm. Not good. You always want the storm to pass so you stay on the west side. Less powerful winds. Oh well, we don't have a boat to lose this time and we've lashed everything else down. It'll be light soon and Alberto should be away from us and back out to sea. Our daughter has to drive to Orlando this morning. I hope they cancel her meeting. I really, really do. We didn't get the generator out. We didn't fill up the gas cans or vehicles but now Alberto has reminded me that the "season" is back. Our wake-up call. And Alberto is only a storm. I've come to fully dread this time of year...

3 Comments:

At 6/13/2006 05:52:00 PM, Blogger Nina said...

It's enough that you have to weather the "great wait" of 2006. This, too? May you and your family (and possessions) all stay safe during this storm season!!

 
At 6/13/2006 07:09:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Yikes! It's that time of year already??!!! Stay Safe!!!


~Dawn

 
At 6/13/2006 10:08:00 PM, Blogger Georgia said...

I'm so sorry you have to go thru this....again.
:-(

I hope you have some Strawberry Cake on hand to help you thru! It sounds delicious and easy. I'm going to try it soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home