Sunday, June 11, 2006

Flying (NOT) In & Out of Cape Girardeau

Gee, I don't know? Which would you choose? Total trip Duration 10 hours 14 minutes Roundtrip price $494.00 per person OR Total trip Duration 4 hours 50 minutes Roundtrip price $258.10 per person Warning: This is a quasi-vent post. First let me say this: I love Cape Girardeau. I grew up about 30 miles from Cape and graduated from college there. It is a GREAT town with GREAT people. It's the airport I find lacking. Cape Girardeau is not a huge town but neither is it missing on most maps. In fact, it prides itself on being one the largest cities in Southeast Missouri. I made the mistake of commenting on an article published in the local paper a couple of years back that was bemoaning the lack of people using the local CGI airport for travel. I pointed out the high ticket cost as compared to the smaller city of Paducah, Ky. It was and still is cheaper to fly into Paducah and rent a car and make the drive than it is to fly into St. Louis, rent a car and make an even longer drive. Don't even think about flying in to Cape. Save your money. Just for the record. The paper had pledged not to publish my comments. Not that I went on a rant or anything close to it. Still, I didn't appreciate being stabbed in the back. So anyway, I periodically check the flight prices to see if anything has changed only to find it hasn't. CGI still remains a great airport if you own a plane or have a commerical business requiring air shipments. For the common person living in the area, you still need to drive to St. Louis, Memphis or PADUCAH to catch a flight for a greatly reduced price. Oh well, that's up to Cape and the airlines. Somebody is happy with the arrangement. Looks as though it's time to fill up the truck with $3 gas and make the drive or better yet, fly to Paducah. I've been wanting some Starnes BBQ anyway...

To fly to Cape Girardeau, Mo

Total trip Duration 10 hours 14 minutes Roundtrip price $494.00 per person To fly to Paducah, Ky Total trip Duration 4 hours 50 minutes Roundtrip price $258.10 per person

2 Comments:

At 6/11/2006 02:10:00 PM, Blogger candy626 said...

I got that appt with my doctor she said the sist is full of fluid she is sending me to a plastic surgen I got an appt for this Thursday.
Becky will probbly have the baby befor her do date she went to the Dr Thursday and she is already diliated one centameater. I still say he will be here the last week of June. I can't wate!
Love Candy

 
At 6/12/2006 06:23:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

A ten hour trip just to travel in the Continental U.S.A. ??!! That's insane!! I think it's just 12 and 1/2 hours from Los Angeles to Beijing!

Go for the BBQ!! :)

~Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home