Saturday, July 22, 2006

OHGWQ - More Fabric Squares from Family

The picture is of the "wish" and fabric square from Alabama country cousins Stephanie and Butch. Great fabric!! Thank you!! My fabric squares for Lizzy's "100 Good Wishes Quilt" keep coming in. I have over 120 squares and wishes! When we began in March, I thought I would never be able to have 100 squares so lovingly made and donated to this quilt. I now will have enough to make two shams in addition to the quilt. I have reminded some family members about sending their wishes so will anticipate about 10 more squares. I really enjoyed swapping with fellow bloggers. They were the first ones to come through with wishes and made the collection so easy. I did join and follow many quilt square swaps on the Yahoo group "OHGWQ" and participated in two swaps: the "Red all over" and the "Christian" swaps. I would recommend doing that as you get to communicate with different adoption families and they are all interested in making a quilt for their children. I am posting a few pictures on this blog of squares from family. All the fabric and wishes pictures will be posted on the Quilt blog (link is on the right). Thank you again for sending me the OHGW squares. I hope to thank all of you sometime during the making of Lizzy's quilt. I am so happy that we decided to jump into this "quilt" making as it has meant so much to us; more than I would have guessed back then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home