Monday, July 10, 2006

Carousel Rides Straight To The Heart

Today was a sweet day. I spent the afternoon with our daughter Leaa and grandaughters Alivia (Leaa's) and Kilee (Jusin's). We slipped over to St. Augustine to play in the park and ride an old 1927 vintage carousel. Over and over again. We loved it. Alivia is still too young to grasp everything going on but Kilee soaked the day up like a sponge. Leaa laughed as we were preparing to leave, trying to gather everything up: bottles, diaper bags, etc. and commented that we didn't have enough hands to take pictures. Then she smiled and said Aly would be mad about that. Aly: Leaa is right, we didn't have enough hands! The little ones kept us busy, busy, busy... So with that as a poor excuse, I offer up the only two photos snapped. A first occured when I returned Kilee to her mom and dad . She started crying because I was leaving. As bad as I felt about her crying I couldn't help but feel happy because I knew that she too had enjoyed her time with Poppy. We had sung "Kilee rode the carousel, Up and Down and Round and Round" on the ride back to her house. As I left, I could see her pumping her arm up and down and twirling her finger round and round. Thank you Leaa and Alivia and Kilee. "Kilee rode the carousel, Up and Down and Round and Round"...

2 Comments:

At 7/12/2006 10:46:00 PM, Blogger Mama Melissa said...

Looks like a great day!! :) Hands, what are those?! lol

Melissa
LID 10/31/05

PS. You've been tagged! (see my blog)

 
At 7/14/2006 03:41:00 PM, Blogger Nina said...

What a sweet day you had together making wonderful memories... That's really what it's all about, isn't it?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home