Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Searching for Alyzabeth

Saw this picture on To China and Back and loved it! Since I grew up near the Atlantic Ocean and around lots of lighthouses, this is exactly how I feel……… just looking and looking for Lizzy; waiting and waiting. We made the decision to adopt (May 2005), selected an agency (June 2005), finished the dossier (January 2006 – we were a little slow doing it ourselves what with work/other obligations) and finally LID (January 27, 2006). We are now almost six months into the "wait". Agencies are officially saying we should get Lizzy's name and pictures (referred a daughter) in about 12 months. Rumors, however, say maybe 18 months!!! How long can this take? Just seems like I need to stop and look for her. Can’t do that however as we need to get the bedroom ready, put finances in order and make a quilt (scary thought!). Plenty to do but I just want her here so we can begin the American journey with Lizzy.

3 Comments:

At 7/19/2006 08:21:00 AM, Blogger C's Mom said...

I've made the decision that the rumors simply won't do...sometimes denial is a good thing (for a while) :0)

I will know things have gotten out of control timewise if I become a pro-quilter during the wait. I have absolutely NO idea about such things now ;0)

 
At 7/19/2006 04:23:00 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

I think we're all feeling this way this week.

 
At 7/20/2006 08:53:00 PM, Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Sigh. Sending you a lot of good energy during an unbearably long wait. Hang in there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home