Friday, February 24, 2006

Name That Movie Revealed

When Harry Met Sally Sally (Meg Ryan): “Most women at one time or another have faked it”. Harry (Billy Crystal): “Well, they haven't faked it with me”. Sally: “How do you know”? Harry: “Because I know”. Sally: “Oh. Right. Thats right. I forgot. Youre a man”. Harry: “What was that supposed to mean”? Sally: “Nothing. Its just that all men are sure it never happened to them and all women at one time or other have done it so you do the math”. The film is best known for a scene with the two title characters having lunch. They are arguing about a man's ability to recognize when a woman is faking an orgasim (a largely improv scene expanded upon at the last moment when originally shooting). Sally claims men cannot tell the difference, and to prove her point, she vividly (but fully clothed) demonstrates the skill as other diners watch. The scene ends with Sally casually returning to her meal as a nearby patron, played by Reiner's mother, places her order: "I'll have what she's having." *Disclaimer: The above was cut & pasted from the internet. If I could properly do footnotes and not be so lazy I would. I don’t. Therefore I haven’t.

4 Comments:

At 2/24/2006 08:31:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. said...

Alyson,
Okay that was great. Do you have the soundtrack? All Harry Conick Jr. It's great. I've had it for years.By the way thanks for your help. This is fun.Kim M.

 
At 2/24/2006 09:40:00 AM, Blogger Alyson and Ford said...

Ford here.

We have a couple of music CD's but I don't think we have that one. We'll have to get it.

We're thinking of doing the movie trivia on Monday's and posting the follow-up on Tuesday mornings. We have others on the way and some may be a little tougher as time goes by :)

BTW: Good Morning Melissa :)

 
At 2/24/2006 01:23:00 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

That is such a classic scene. LOVE it!

 
At 2/25/2006 10:18:00 AM, Blogger rubyiscoming said...

I think that I have seen WHMS at LEAST 87 times...have all of the dialogue memorized (and there are some doozies).

In addition to this scence, I especially like the end scene where Harry explains why he loves Sally, through all of her idiosyncracies (crinkle on forehead, cold when it is 70 degrees out, etc.)

I thought the writing was superb and truthful - we do love each other for our oddities - that's what makes every human on the planet interesting, right?

:)
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home